Monday, January 25, 2010

Second Post Look at Me Go!!

Well here I go with my second post amazingly enough. So over the weekend we celebrated my grandmother's 87th Birthday. I wanted to try something that I hadn't done before. So after looking online I decided I wanted to make her a purse cake. So originally I had covered the cake in fondant but after looking at it the next morning I was not happy with it so I took the fondant off and my husband and I redecorated it. It came out much better with just buttercream icing. I finally got to use this very neat Wilton Decorating Kit my parents had given me for Christmas it was alot easier than using the icing bags and not as messy either. Here are couple of photos of the cake.  I think I will try a differnet way next time but had a great time making it for my grandmother and was happy to celebrate her birthday with her.  Enjoy the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment